A digital wallet is a software that can hold and manage users'
Credentials. Based on the principles of Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI) and cryptography, a wallet helps its Holder share data with others without exposing any other sensitive private information stored on it. Only the wallet holder has the right to decide which information to share with other entities and what needs to remain private.
Polygon ID offers some interesting ways to get started with leveraging a credential-focused wallet: the Wallet SDK and the Polygon ID Wallet app.
The Wallet SDK is a Flutter-based SDK that can be used by developers to build applications or integrate the wallet functionalities seamlessly with their existing apps. Get started with the Wallet SDK here.
These are the modules (SDKs) we provide:
- polygonid-flutter-sdk [Dart plugin]
- polygonid-ios-wrapper-sdk [Swift lib (Framework)] (work in progress)
- (polygonid-android-wrapper-sdk)[https://github.com/0xPolygonID/polygonid-android-sdk] [Kotlin lib (.aar)]
- Polygonid-react-native-wrapper-sdk [RN lib] (work in progress)
Depending on which type of developer (integrator) you are, you can use different modules (SDK):
- Flutter developers should use "polygonid-flutter-sdk"
- IOS developers should use "polygonid-ios-wrapper-sdk"
- Android developers should use "polygonid-android-wrapper-sdk"
React native developers can use several modules (SDKs):
- "polygonid-ios-wrapper-sdk" AND "polygonid-android-wrapper-sdk" (together for supporting both platforms)
- "Polygonid-react-native-wrapper-sdk" (work in progress)
If you are interested in building web-based applications with Polygon ID, please visit the JS SDK documentation.
Polygon ID Wallet app
The Polygon ID Wallet app is a reference implementation built using our Wallet SDK. It has a simple user interface and seamless UX to facilitate its main uses: managing credentials and generating proofs for verifiers. Learn more about the wallet here.
The app is available for Android and IOS:
New Polygon ID Documentation Website Available!
We've released a new version of our documention. Head to devs.polygonid.com to check it out.